No matter what you do to repair or make some improvements to your electronic device, you must unscrew the device first. And sometimes it is really hard to find the Best Screwdriver Set for Mechanics that fits on screws perfectly. For that being said, you need a reliable screwdriver set which will provide you almost all necessary services that will help you fix the infected device.
Top 5 Best Screwdriver Set Comparison in 2020
There are tons of brands that offer screwdriver sets with lots of functionalities. But which one of those you really need to fix your device? Well, sit back and let us make it easy for you to choose the best screwdriver sets for electronics to fits your needs!
Screwdriver Set for Mechanics Reviews
5. Oria Screwdriver Set
- 1. Multi-Magnetic Hand Tools : 60 in 1 Precision Screwdriver Set is Professional hand tools to repair all popular laptops, phones, game consoles, and other electronics.
- 2. Variety of Specialty Bits : With different kind of Screwdriver bits, which made of chrome-vanadium steel are carefully selected by ORIA to meet all your need.
- 3. Flexible Shaft : A flexible shaft is included, which is great for stereo work as well as other large electronics where the screws are not on the surface.
- 4. High Quality : The Unique non-slip driver available on the market is machined from a single piece of aluminum and covered with Silica gel; it also has a ball bearing mounted swivel top to simplify...
- 5. Portable : Professional portable hardware tools with perfect weight & compact design for easy carry.
What if you have that one screwdriver kit that can fix all of your smart gadgets, household electronics, and even the washing machine? Surprisingly, Oria Screwdriver set has got 58 units to basically unscrew pretty much everything we use in our homes. It has lots of features and also a quality build to meet the expectations of professionals or even advanced technicians.
All of those 58 pieces can easily be paired with one supporting unit that comes out of the box. All the drivers feel very comfortable in hand because of its quality handle and solid construction. The tips are magnetized, of course, so you will not lose any the nails even the tiny ones.
Its beautifully made flexible shaft is very handy for stereo work and bigger electronics as the screws are not always on the flat surface. The huge number of bits is made of Chrome Vanadium steel. Oria made each of these drivers with a single piece of aluminum which is covered with silica gel and does have a ball bearing system mounted for effortless work.
Don’t question its portability just because it comes with tons of bits. The entire compact designed set allows the utmost mobility. Its flex ensures the right amount of torque, enough to get the screws tight even on small spaces. All the bits do have their labels on the carrier, so it is easy to find exactly what you are looking for.
4. GearWrench 80066 20 Piece
- Ergonomic tri-lobe dual material handle provides the optimal balance of strength and efficiency
- “Speed Zone” handle design for faster rotation in low-torque applications
- Dual material handle offers a more comfortable grip and higher performance
- Non-Slip black oxide tip for more secure fit in fastener
- Blades laser etched with part number and size for quick identification
If you are looking for a screwdriver set that is very comfortable to use and does have all the common size units that we mainly use for the basic household needs, then take a look at GearWrench 80066 model. Inside the box, you will get 9 Phillips and 9 slotted head drivers with 2 Torx head drivers. The shafts are made of Chrome plated Vanadium steel which will easily last longer.
Its colorful design feels pleasant to the eyes. The drivers got a color-coded handle on each one of them. The tri-lobe ergonomic handles will not let you feel fatigued. Although the handle needs some extra strength but still very comfortable to use. Actually, you may really love it while holding this in your hand.
It is very disturbing when you try to unscrew something real quick and it does not fit the driver properly. As this screwdriver has 20 pieces in the box, you will not have to face this sort of problem with the most common sizes.
It has the Speed Zone feature which makes this driver very unique. Applications that have low torque can easily be unscrewed rapidly with the help of the Speed Zone. While contacting with the fastener, the black oxide non-slip top will not let it slip off.
3. Klein Tools 85078
- General purpose selection of the most frequently used screwdrivers
- Includes 8 Cushion Grip Screwdrivers, 1/4-Inch (6.4 mm) , Square, 5/16-Inch (7.9 mm) Keystone, 5/16-Inch (7.9 mm) and 3/16-Inch (4.8 mm) Cabinet Tip, #1 Phillips, #2 Phillips Stubby, #2 Phillips, #3...
- Tip-Ident quickly identifies the screwdriver type and tip orientation
- Precision-machined tip for exact fit
- Premium chrome-plated for smooth feel and corrosion resistance
This is one of the most frequently used screwdrivers set by the mechanics and technicians. The set includes 8 most commonly used screwdrivers of different sizes and tips. If you are looking for a bunch of screwdrivers for your workshop or household repairing works, then this is the by far the most appropriate and affordable driver set that would make a fair deal for you.
The whole set includes a cabinet, three keystones and four Phillips tip drivers. The tip-ident easily recognize tip orientation and screwdriver type. These tips are good enough to start for basic tasks. The drivers are embedded with magnets in each one, which is great for holding different screws and bits in the proper position.
The design of this product is pretty much sleek and trendy. The cushion covered handle provides a solid grip and feels very comfortable to use. Also, the handles have a vinyl grip on them. Chrome-plated shaft makes the drivers very smooth and rust-resistant. There are very few heavy-duty screwdriver sets of this kind.
2. ORIA S2
- Fully Functional : The 54 in 1 multifunction tool set includes 37 types of screwdriver bits. Two of them are Phone 7 bits, so it can be used to repair Phone 7 and other devices.
- High Quality Material : The most of bits are made of S2, which is harder material than others, the CRV made sockets and Phone 7 bits are hard and durable.
- Innovative Wrenches : The special wrenches with innovative design is suitable for fixing the UAV models and Car models. It also can be used in electronics and other home applications.
- Ergonomic Design : Non-slip ergonomic handle has practical and professional design, it is easy and convenient for using.
- Easy To Use : Come with Lightweight & Compact design. It is easy to carry and store at home and work, and it can be put in your bag easily.
If you are someone who must need a heavy-duty and multi-functioned screwdriver set, brace yourself, ORIA got something really tough for you. This heavy-duty screwdriver set is built with some serious metal. The S2 metal can tolerate hardness over HRC60, which assures long-time durability.
It is a 54 in 1 set, 37 of those are screwdriver bits, two bits are for iPhones. The entire set is loaded with everything a technician need for repairing, tools like SIM card ejector, extension bar, handlebar, Phillips and flat screwdriver, ESD tweezer, flexible extension shaft, LCD suction cup and much more.
You can use this set for multiple purposes. You can use it as a repair tool for your smartphones, laptops, MacBooks, PC, watches, Cameras, Xbox/PS4 controller and even glasses. It specially features wrenches with an innovative design for fixing the UAV and car models. And of course, you can also use it for other household applications.
The ergonomic handle provides a solid grip on it. The design is very lightweight and compact, so it is very convenient to use. Also, you can tell this set got a very professional look. The high-quality construction can protect easily from falling off.
1. Wera 932/6
- Features Slotted and Phillips drive tips with pound-thru blade and rack
- Extra tough Pound-thru blade is designed to withstand hammering, preventing splintering of screwdriver handle or blade
- Impact cap transfers full force of hammer and eliminates vibration
- Multi-component Kraftform handle fits the shape to the hand for the ultimate in comfort and high speed torque transfer
- Limited Lifetime Warranty, German Engineered
You can hit this screwdriver with a hammer if you want. But as it features pound-thru and impact cap, you will find it is still fully usable. Likewise, all other Wera products, its blade is also made off bit-grade steel. The driver set is specially designed for chiseling, loosening seized screws and fastening. For additional strength, it has a hexagonal profile.
The service life is extended by an integrated impact cap. It reduces the risk to be splintered. With the help of ring spanner or open-jawed, the hexagon bolster can provide extra torque transfer at high speed. For the tidy storage, it comes with a very useful practical rack. The black pointed tip and composite hardening process assure the longer service life of the tips. It also got enhancing rust protection.
A hard tool may need extra effort to hold on to. Thanks to the ergonomically designed handle, made off multi-component that will fit your hand nicely. It gives utmost comfort and the soft zone ensures high-speed torque transfer. Its anti-roll protection prevents the screwdrivers from rolling away on a plane surface.
How To Choose The Best Screwdriver Set for Mechanics
You need to take a few things into consideration before buying the Best Screwdriver Sets for Mechanics. Although, it seems that it just a tool to unscrew your electronic devices, but screwdriver sets nowadays offer a lot more than that. Let us tell you a few important aspects which should be taken care of before you invest your money.
Depending on your need, you may look for Philips, flat head, Torx, and clutch types of head. Do not be confused about seeing the different types of head names. Because in most cases, flathead and Philips are commonly used that you need most unless you are a professional technician.
You may come across the hexagonal hole headed screw which is mostly used with Allen wrenches. Torx or torque head looks like a star because of its 6 points. One screwdriver set to rule them all! You got us right, you should look for the one set that offers you different types of tips so that you can deal with various types of screws.
The number of pieces:
Screwdriver sets mostly come with 5 to 100 units. If you need more units you may go for a bit expensive one which will offer you more pieces in their product case. Otherwise, 10 pieces of the set that includes 5 flat and 5 Philips head, is enough for most of the time.
One of the major aspects of the good screwdriver is its handle. You should feel comfortable while you are holding it. Otherwise, the cheap build handle might ruin your work. Look for the one which has an ergonomic design for comfortable holding. The quality of materials, by which the driver handle is constructed with, will tell you whether the driver will roll on a plane surface or not. The durability of the handle is very important if you are looking for a professional level of a screwdriver set.
Length of Screwdriver pieces:
Small-sized screwdrivers can perform great, even if the working point is hard to reach. Also keep in mind that, if all the pieces are long then you may face problems dealing with short points on your working object. So, make sure the screwdriver set contains the different sizes of drivers.
The screwdrivers made of high-strength heat-treated Chrome Vanadium steel is durable enough and they are also rust-resistant.
It is very disturbing to see the screws falling off from the tip. Although most of the screwdrivers are magnetized, you may find very few of those having a proper magnetic grip that is powerful enough to hold screws nicely. The tips should be magnetized enough so that you do not lose any tiny sized screw while working. It prevents the screw from dropping more often.
A durable screwdriver will make less hassle for you. Sometimes it is very hard to tell which one will last longer just by judging them based on the appearance. Spending more money does not always assure you about the quality of the product. Look for what sort of metal has been used. Make sure your desirable driver set is made of good quality steel or aluminum or any other similar metals. “High-strength” and “heat-treated” labeled steel are very tough compared to other metals.
Specify your purpose, you do not need fancy collections of tips that will cost too much. For general usage, stick to a basic screwdriver set that meets your indoor working purpose. You will need a construction purpose screwdriver set if you are looking for engineering and industrial grade materials. They are heavy and complex as most of them come with a big case.
Make your decision giving priority on safety, construction quality, and performance. Screwdriver sets differ a lot in build quality, durability and performance. Do not think it’s just an instrument on which you are investing, rather it is a necessity. Maybe, you are now dealing with small-sized and general household electronic products, but you may need to work with bigger sizes and more difficult ones.
So, according to what you need, make sure it is future proof, which means you do not have to buy another screwdriver set in next year. Anyway, based on different aspects, we have reviewed some of the Best Screwdriver Set for Mechanics that you can find on the market. So, good luck with a successful purchase!
Related Buyer’s guides:
Last update on 2020-01-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API